Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today I finished reading Tender is the Night by F. Scout Fitzgerald, the latest novel in my attempt to repair my atrophied reading skills. Fitzgerald really tapped in to the American psyche, one could easily take the plot of this novel and jump it forward in time to the present. His fascination with the neuvo riche was something just beginning in his time, but now, fortunes are one and lost by people everyday - with the current economy, lost more of late than won. But the lottery and America's fascination with "reality" TV has made the process of gaining wealth for many easier.
Tomorrow, I plan to go to the library and get a couple of new novels, I've been focusing on Nobel laureates of late, but may look at other authors like DH Lawrence, I'm not really sure. I like to wander in libraries, just looking at books sometimes so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment