Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

latest read and birthday fun

I just finished reading Stephen R. Donaldson's Forbidden Knowledge, the second book in his Gap series. This is definately not sci-fi for the average fan. Donaldson typically writes about adult themes, and this book is no exception, with a main character who is raped repeatedly and forced into a stockholm syndrome like situation. The next book I intend to read is Ernest Hemmingway's Garden of Eden. I'm looking forward to this, as Hemmingway's novels are always captivating for me - I think his style is just approachable, it makes his novels flow easily. Which is a big difference from Steinbeck or Fitzgerald.

I also just turned 32, and celebrated in true dork style. My friend Jay and I played a huge game of Warhammer 40,000 that took up the time from 12:00pm until 5:30pm. We had a blast, though sadly I lost as we ran out of time - playing a massive 2 turns. Next time, we plan to play at his house and go from Friday througb saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment